#1 hustonm

hustonm

Fawn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, camping, stock car caring fixing cars

Posted 27 September 2007 - 11:58 AM

Guys is there anyone out there that wants to create a Christian Hunting club. This site is great. I am looking for places or a place to have fellowship and hunt a Christian hunting camp. I see on the search engine for the site there is a question about swaping a hunt or something like that. Lets get organized and create a club with a camp or create a better way to coordinate hunts across the country. May be create like chapters in each state or region. Any ideas from anyone?
Treat others as you want to be treated. Do not forget what you were, so you can understand those who do not have a relationship with our Lord Jesus. Remember we are all still sinners, hate the sin not the sinner.

#2 mont974x4

mont974x4

Life Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Interests:Bible study
    Camping and hunting
    my sons
    my bride

Posted 27 September 2007 - 03:13 PM

Where are you?

I'm in Montana and my small local fellowship started doing a hunting camp/men's retreat/ outreach last season.
"Whenever any form of government is destructive of these ends [life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness] it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government in such form as to them shall seem most likely to affect their safety and happiness. Declaration of Independence, 1776

"If sinners be damned at least let them leap to Hell over our bodies. If they perish, let them perish with our arms about their knees. Let no one go there unwarned and unprayed for." Charles Spurgeon

#3 hustonm

hustonm

Fawn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 07:51 AM

Hey that is great that you started a Christian Hunt Club. That is what I am hoping for that we start groups like this across the country. Then some how invite or coordinate exchanging of hunts. To increase the fellowship of Christian men. I think that Christian men need the fellowship of others to help them grow in the Lord and stay in the fold of a Church. I help with our men's group once a month. I try to persuade our men not to be wimpy. I like a mans man.........Strong and tough and soft when needed all in one.

So agian great about the club.......lets encourage others to do the same.
Treat others as you want to be treated. Do not forget what you were, so you can understand those who do not have a relationship with our Lord Jesus. Remember we are all still sinners, hate the sin not the sinner.

#4 Guest_Bowhunterig_*

Guest_Bowhunterig_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2007 - 08:41 AM

I also agree that the local churches arcoss this country need to start looking at reaching out to the Outdoorsman. I think they also need to have a Local Christian Fellowship of so that fellow Christian Outdoorsman can get together and be incouraged.

I am currently working on trying to get one started in my Father-inlaws church of which is my ordaining church. I am doing this as I feel lead of the Lord that He needs more of a presence in the Outdoors Communtiy.

Keep up the work for the Lord and Lord bless your heart for ministry.

Lord Bless and Fun Hunting,

Bowhunterig

#5 alex williams

alex williams

Non-Typical

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts
  • Interests:I am one God chose...just don't know for what yet.

Posted 28 September 2007 - 08:50 PM

OP and I have meet up...we did not get to hunt...but did ride around and look for yotes and elk...keep in mind that I had to fly 8 1/2 hours and ride another 4 to get there...so...next year, 2008...we're going to get some hunting done...

Bowhunterrig, is going to be comming here to Ga in January or Feb. for a hog hunt with me...so...I am open to the idea...let's get it done.
Alex Williams

Job 14:15 "You will call, and I will answer You;

#6 Guest_Bowhunterig_*

Guest_Bowhunterig_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2007 - 01:03 PM

Alex,

I say Amen to that.

Guys, lets get somethings started and as Alex said lets get it done.

Bowhunterig

#7 hustonm

hustonm

Fawn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 01:23 PM

Where are you?

I'm in Montana and my small local fellowship started doing a hunting camp/men's retreat/ outreach last season.

I live in Upstate NY. I have some area to hunt here. Problem is only a couple Christian friends that hunt. Better than no Christians friends that hunt. But I have always wanted a hunting camp to go to. To get away and be Men. Today 10/1 is my 19th wedding anniversary, my wife is great. But a weekend or week long hunting trip in the woods would be a great dream come true. Where men can be men, eat what you want, not worry if it is healthy for you.

So I am up for ideas and a way to find such plasec. Here in NY the seasons are longer up north in the Adirondacks. That was always my hope was to have a camp there a coulple to a few hours away.

#8 mont974x4

mont974x4

Life Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Interests:Bible study
    Camping and hunting
    my sons
    my bride

Posted 01 October 2007 - 09:46 PM

I'm planning on making my campground for disabled sportsman available for retreats as well....when we get it up and running.
"Whenever any form of government is destructive of these ends [life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness] it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government in such form as to them shall seem most likely to affect their safety and happiness. Declaration of Independence, 1776

"If sinners be damned at least let them leap to Hell over our bodies. If they perish, let them perish with our arms about their knees. Let no one go there unwarned and unprayed for." Charles Spurgeon

#9 alex williams

alex williams

Non-Typical

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 06:32 PM

I start....any one who wants to come to this part of Ga...come on. I've got some land and you're welcome to come and hunt.
Alex Williams

#10 hustonm

hustonm

Fawn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 08:14 AM

I start....any one who wants to come to this part of Ga...come on. I've got some land and you're welcome to come and hunt.

Thanks.........That is the first step. I am taking 2 weeks off in November for here in NY. 1 week for bow and the following week is rifle. Rifle opens on Saturday 11/17. The Friday before we have a dinner at my house with about 8-10 Christians and thier sons to set the preseason. Food and a the Chineese auction of sorts.

So fo this year I am booked. Never to early to start planning for next year. With emails and photos and testimonals to get to know who may be coming to hunt. The first serve in the game has been set with your invitation. Thanks

God Bless,

Mark Huston

#11 Phil

Phil

8 Point

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 04:55 PM

We have a Christian Hunting Club in the Mountians of North Central PA with 600 acres of "fairchase only" whitetail hunting. Our last visitor from CO went home with an 18 3/4" spread 10 point. (he's one of the best hunters I've spent time with anywhere). Some good spring gobbler hunting as well. I have had a guest each year over the past few seasons....swapping hunts is a real blessing and results in lifetime friendships being formed ! :o

*btw Alex...sure would like to have ya design a Turkey call with our camp's scripture ref. on it. :D

#12 alex williams

alex williams

Non-Typical

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 08:18 PM

Phil...When you're ready...just let me know..I'll be happy to do that for ya.
Alex Williams

#13 hustonm

hustonm

Fawn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 08:20 AM

We have a Christian Hunting Club in the Mountians of North Central PA with 600 acres of "fairchase only" whitetail hunting. Our last visitor from CO went home with an 18 3/4" spread 10 point. (he's one of the best hunters I've spent time with anywhere). Some good spring gobbler hunting as well. I have had a guest each year over the past few seasons....swapping hunts is a real blessing and results in lifetime friendships being formed ! :o

*btw Alex...sure would like to have ya design a Turkey call with our camp's scripture ref. on it. :D

We have a Christian Hunting Club in the Mountians of North Central PA with 600 acres of "fairchase only" whitetail hunting. Our last visitor from CO went home with an 18 3/4" spread 10 point. (he's one of the best hunters I've spent time with anywhere). Some good spring gobbler hunting as well. I have had a guest each year over the past few seasons....swapping hunts is a real blessing and results in lifetime friendships being formed ! :D

This is cool. This what we need more information about where we all are located. I only have have about 20 acres where I hunt on my Father-in-laws land. Its all about the fellowship and being outdoors.

#14 Nick D.

Nick D.

Spike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:Hunting (Deer, Turkey, Dove, Rabbit, Anything!), Fishing, and Playing Guitar

Posted 04 October 2007 - 12:09 PM

Hey, that sounds like an awesome idea!! I am from Ohio, and also have been looking for something like that. My church has its own hunting club, but we dont really do anything together, it is only made so that the only way you can hunt our church's almost 200 acre property is by being a "member of the church hunting club." I would love to have a deer camp to go to and fellowship with of Christian hunters!!!!! Let me know because I would be interested in starting something in Ohio!!!!!
Nick D.

#15 hustonm

hustonm

Fawn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 12:27 PM

Hey, that sounds like an awesome idea!! I am from Ohio, and also have been looking for something like that. My church has its own hunting club, but we dont really do anything together, it is only made so that the only way you can hunt our church's almost 200 acre property is by being a "member of the church hunting club." I would love to have a deer camp to go to and fellowship with of Christian hunters!!!!! Let me know because I would be interested in starting something in Ohio!!!!!
Nick D.

Thanks for the encouragement Nick. It may be to late for this season, as our bow hunting starts Oct 13, rifle is Nov 17. I am looking or a camp also. If we keep networking here, something may come together.

#16 Guest_Bowhunterig_*

Guest_Bowhunterig_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2007 - 12:55 PM

Hey guys, I say the same if anyone wants to come up to Maine and Hunt Come on up. I have access to 80 ach of prime Deer land that is all owned by family. I would have to clear it with my Aunt but there is a field that we could put a Cabin Tent up and Stay there for a week and hunt. I am sure she would not mind but I again I would have to clear it with here. She has given me the go ahead to build perminate blinds and put in food plots next year. She has basically given me the 80 ach to manage the Deer Heard. There is also some good preditor Hunting there as well. There also is some good rabbit hunting. So I think this could be a open door. I will talk with her regarding this and let you all know. If you are intrested please let me know and I will start arranging for next Hunting Season. This seems to be coming along.

Bowhunterig

#17 hustonm

hustonm

Fawn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 02:07 PM

Hey guys, I say the same if anyone wants to come up to Maine and Hunt Come on up. I have access to 80 ach of prime Deer land that is all owned by family. I would have to clear it with my Aunt but there is a field that we could put a Cabin Tent up and Stay there for a week and hunt. I am sure she would not mind but I again I would have to clear it with here. She has given me the go ahead to build perminate blinds and put in food plots next year. She has basically given me the 80 ach to manage the Deer Heard. There is also some good preditor Hunting there as well. There also is some good rabbit hunting. So I think this could be a open door. I will talk with her regarding this and let you all know. If you are intrested please let me know and I will start arranging for next Hunting Season. This seems to be coming along.
Bowhunterig

Bowhunterig,

Thanks for the invitation. I would love to maybe take you up on that fo next year. I have a pop-up camper. May be we could work out helping you put in the food plots next spring. Any bears in the area?

Mark H

#18 Guest_Bowhunterig_*

Guest_Bowhunterig_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2007 - 03:12 PM

Not a problem and that would be great to help with the food plots. Like I said I will have to discuss this with my aunt but knowing her the way I do I know it will not be a problem. I would love ot have you here. There are not black bears in that perticular area that I know of but there may be as there is some hill country there. Although up by my parents I do have some access to some wood lot land that has bears so I may be able to secdual a bear hunt for that area. All I will need is some time to get it together. Just let me know for next year. (Lord willing)

I also have a camper that we could use. So I think we could really get something together. Just will take some time to plan.

Bowhunterig

#19 alex williams

alex williams

Non-Typical

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 03:38 PM

I am liking the way this is comming together...maybe we need to start getting a plan of action together for the 2008 deer season. First we'll need a pc of land to hunt...(I've already stated that I have access to quite a bit of land here in Ga and could easily accomidate 5 bow hunters or 3 rifle hunters.) We'll need to know who is truely interested in attending the hunt (as to make the proper accomidations) We'll need to know also the season dates and liscense costs...

Once a property has been established, we'll need to know arrival cities and car rental options...if we're hunting the same property...the hunters who are flying in could all meet together at the same airport and share a car/truck rental.

more to come.
Alex Williams

#20 Phil

Phil

8 Point

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 04:26 PM

:D Ok, I'll confess....Besides our Christian hunting camp I also have the family farm (845 acres) in North Western PA near Erie that a few of us get together for both an early & late season muzzleloader hunt. Nothing like a Snowbelt deer hunt for excitement. Our club ( CASTERS...which stands for "Children Accepting Salvation Through Efforts of Religious Sportsmen") in not affilliated to any one church. The 14 person roster is made up from men & kids from several different denominations. We don't get caught up in church politics...just a bunch of pluggers who love serving God and call Jesus Christ their Savior. CASTERS isn't an organization, more of a mindset to start planting seeds. Basically a "One on One" type of ministry.
Seems that every visitor brings something special to share and it helps all of us grow as Christians.
If anyone wants to checkout our little camp's forum to get an idea of how simple it is to start a club I'd be happy to email you a link if you PM me (I won't post a link without Dave's permission).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Christian Outdoorsman