• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ACSooner80

ACSooner80

8 Point

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, hunting, being outdoors, working on the family ranch, hangin out w/ the family, bowling, listenin to music, reading.

Posted 05 December 2008 - 05:19 PM

My wife is buying me a shotgun for christmas.
This is the one I saw that I like want to know what ya'll think it is in our price range that is why it caught my eye

Rossi 20ga./.243 Combo On sale at Bass Pro
Break open action, single shot, 3-9x40 scope, and comes w/ a soft case, and a hard case
The price is only $229.94

I'm very interested to hear what ya'll have to say?
The sale ends on Sun. So I will probably get it, just want some feed back
Thanks

On Wings of Eagles,
AC
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

#2 Mortensen

Mortensen

12 Point

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 05:38 PM

When I think of a shotgun combo, I usually think of a survival firearm. I like the .243 option but would prefer 12 gauge for overall versatility. However, the asking price on this particular firearm is unreal and comes with a scopr? WOW.

The only other consideration would be a Savage 12 gauge combo.
http://www.savagearms.com/24f12.htm
We so often think that God lives 'up there' or 'out there' and overlook that the finest place to find him is 'in here'.

#3 Huntaholic

Huntaholic

Non-Typical

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,677 posts
  • Interests:God, My family, My friends, Big Game Hunting, Waterfowl Hunting, Small Game Hunting,Fresh and Saltwater Fishing, Trapping, Predator Calling, Long range Rifle shooting, Small Bore indoor shooting, Trap and Sporting Clay shooting, Archery, Muzzel loading, and Photography.

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:15 PM

AC, I just bought two of the Rossi Trifectas for my two sons for Christmas. It comes with the 243 w/scope mounts, 22, and 20 Ga. I was very skeptical of the quality and of such a cheap price. They were on sale at Dicks Sporting Goods for $199.00, as soon as I got home I shot each gun with each barrel and was pleasantly surprise how accurate the rifles were and with the quality overall. It is not a fancy gun nor is it comparable to a high end gun combo but for the price I think they are very nice and will be great guns to start them out with. I like the single shot for safety and the safety switch in addition to it being a hammer set gun. I am not crazy about the forearm being composite plastic and think if you changed out barrels alot that it will get sloppy, but it is not expensive to purchase replacements and could even get a master woodcraft make a custom forearm that would handle being changed out often. If it is the gun you get I think you will be satisfied. Oh I almost forgot about the overall stalk length being rather short but they are youth models, still shootable but not exactly the best for a grown man. It might even be better with the cheek riser removed which can be done easy by removing the screws.

God Bless and Good Shooting,
Huntaholic
Huntaholic
Mark 9:23 All things are possible to those who have faith in the Lord Jesus Chirst

"God's justice stands forever against the sinner in utter severity. The vague and tenuous hope that God is too kind to punish the ungodly has become a deadly opiate for the consciences of millions. It hushes their fears and allows them to practice all pleasant forms of iniquity while death draws every day nearer and the command to repent goes unregarded." ~A. W. Tozer

#4 Christian Outdoorsman

Christian Outdoorsman

Non-Typical

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • Interests:Everything Outdoors, Family, Music... Playing Banjo, Guitar and singing

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:01 PM

I bought a youth set for my son last year.. .22/.243/20 guage.

Good deal... but it kicks pretty hard.

Dave

Christian Outdoorsman Admin
A.K.A. David Lingner

#5 silver

silver

Non-Typical

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 09:58 AM

I don't find too many scopes worth taking home under 150 dollars. Get a shotgun only and not some combo thing. When you try to do everything, it ends up being one size fits nothing. It is also hard enough to get stuff to work right that is designed for one thing only.
The Jabez Prayer

And Jabez Called on the Lord God of Israel, saying" Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!" So God granted him what he requested.

1Chronicles 4:10

#6 silver

silver

Non-Typical

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:12 AM

Start parting this stuff out. Put a dollar value on all the stuff like the cases, the scope ect. Now subtract that number from the deal. What are you left with?

Like I said a good a good scope is 150 dollars that you can both see through and not fall apart. A good rifle barrel is about the same (a great rifle barrel is more). Even a good shotgun barrel is 80 to 150 depending on style.

Look at an 870 express...
The Jabez Prayer

And Jabez Called on the Lord God of Israel, saying" Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!" So God granted him what he requested.

1Chronicles 4:10

#7 ACSooner80

ACSooner80

8 Point

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, hunting, being outdoors, working on the family ranch, hangin out w/ the family, bowling, listenin to music, reading.

Posted 08 December 2008 - 09:33 PM

I got a Mossberg Maverick 12ga
Let me know what ya'll think of Mossberg?
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Christian Outdoorsman