• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Christian Outdoorsman

Christian Outdoorsman

Non-Typical

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,219 posts
  • Interests:Everything Outdoors, Family, Music... Playing Banjo, Guitar and singing

Posted 22 March 2005 - 07:29 PM

I thought it might be fun to list verses that are about God and His creation. I will list a couple to get things going...

Romans 1:20
20For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities–his eternal power and divine nature–have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

Jeremiah 16:16-17
16 "But now I will send for many fishermen," declares the LORD , "and they will catch them. After that I will send for many hunters, and they will hunt them down on every mountain and hill and from the crevices of the rocks. 17 My eyes are on all their ways; they are not hidden from me, nor is their sin concealed from my eyes.

Genesis 27:3
3Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison

Christian Outdoorsman Admin
A.K.A. David Lingner

#2 Phil

Phil

8 Point

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 08:01 PM

:D Job 12: 7-10...........but ask the animals and they will tell you.... read the rest and ask God to take every bit of outdoor knowledge you've ever learned and apply that knowledge into these passages, God will increase it in unimagineable ways. Deer hunting can teach about salvation. :D
Proverbs has a great many passages that teach through nature study.

#3 Greg

Greg

Non-Typical

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, hiking, theology, apologetics, reading, football and steak! ;)

Posted 24 March 2005 - 08:52 AM

"In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth." -Genesis 1:1

"And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good." -Genesis 1:31

"Let the sea resound, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it. Let the rivers clap their hands, Let the mountains sing together for joy; let them sing before the LORD, for he comes to judge the earth. He will judge the world in righteousness and the peoples with equity." -Psalm 98:7-8

"Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding. Who determined its measurements--surely you know! Or who stretched the line upon it? On what were its bases sunk, or who laid its cornerstone, when the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for joy?" -Job 38:4-7

"Can you lift up your voice to the clouds, that a flood of waters may cover you?
Can you send forth lightnings, that they may go and say to you, 'Here we are'?
Who has put wisdom in the inward parts or given understanding to the mind? Who can number the clouds by wisdom? Or who can tilt the waterskins of the heavens,
when the dust runs into a mass and the clods stick fast together?" -Job 38:34-38
In Christ,
Greg

"Grace and glory differ very little; the one is the seed, the other is the flower; grace is glory militant, glory is grace triumphant." Thomas Brooks

"Where reason cannot wade there faith may swim." Thomas Watson

"Prayer is not overcoming God's reluctance, but laying hold of His willingness." Martin Luther

Monergism.com

#4 deadeyedoc

deadeyedoc

Spike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, snow skiing, photography, golf,

Posted 24 March 2005 - 06:08 PM

Psalms 18:33
He makes me as surefooted as a deer, leading me safely along the mountain heights

Psalms 42:1
As the deer pants for streams of water, so I long for you, O God.

Psalms 124:7
We escaped like a bird from a hunters' trap.
The trap is broken, and we are free!

Deadeyedoc

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Christian Outdoorsman