9 replies to this topic

#1 Snipe Hunter

Snipe Hunter

Button Buck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 12:41 PM

I have waited for the last 8 1/2 months for this day to get here. It was warm and a little foggy early on but I got in and got out (or is it the other way around?) before it got too hot. I hunted with a little CZ Bobwhite that I picked up this past spring for the first time. I hope to have more days like this in the next three months.

Skip

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 redbear

redbear

Spike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 02:57 PM

hunting before it gets too hot sure sound nice right about now, it was 20 degrees here this morning. Looks like you did well, you certainly have me inspired to take a few for the table this year, I generally see a few every time we go out.

What type of shot shells do you use? I'm primarily shooting duck loads since they are an incidental bird to harvest for me. Most of the time I would have to use steel shot in the areas we see them. I saw a box of steel 7.5 in 2 3/4 inch the other day for $5 and thought about keeping them for finishing cripple ducks, but that might be a good snipe load.

#3 Snipe Hunter

Snipe Hunter

Button Buck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 06:40 PM

Redbear, fortunately I don't have to use non-toxic. I load all of the shells I shoot snipe with using good high antimony magnum lead shot. Today I was shooting 1/2 oz of #9. When I shoot a twenty-eight gauge or twenty gauge I move up to size 8 and 7 1/2. With the small paypload I have to use the small shot to get sufficient pattern density. All of my hulls are Winchester AA.

Skip

#4 firewhatfire

firewhatfire

8 Point

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 06:34 AM

good looking photo you have there with the birds. Can we have a little more info on the gun there?

Phil

#5 Mr.Randy

Mr.Randy

8 Point

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Interests:The Lord #1 Camping, Hunting and Fishing<br />anything in Gods Country is for me...

Posted 02 November 2006 - 01:48 PM

Redbear, fortunately I don't have to use non-toxic. I load all of the shells I shoot snipe with using good high antimony magnum lead shot. Today I was shooting 1/2 oz of #9. When I shoot a twenty-eight gauge or twenty gauge I move up to size 8 and 7 1/2. With the small paypload I have to use the small shot to get sufficient pattern density. All of my hulls are Winchester AA.

Skip

Skip,
Looking back at all your pics , you have some great shots I mean magazine quiality.
What kind of camera are you useing. They all are prime pics, Are you a photographer for a
company? The sunrise and sunsets are stunning...

Absolutly GREAT JOB..... :blink:

God Has Blessed you
Randy Underwood
Disabled Outdoorsman
www.brokenwingoutdoors.com and Forum
NWTF.org "WheelinSportsmen" Central FL. Team Leader
Williams Custom Calls
Pro - Staff Team

#6 Snipe Hunter

Snipe Hunter

Button Buck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 08:24 PM

Phil, that is a CZ Bobwhite. It is nothing fancy and a good value for a guy looking for a first (or tenth) double. In a twelve or twenty gauge it is a fantastic deal. The twenty-eight gauge and four-ten guns cost a little more. All are built on a frame of proper size and weight. On my scale that gun weighs five pounds, five ounces. Other than some informal pattern testing for point of impact and pattern density yesterday was the first time I used it. I will probably hunt with it a couple more times this season and then I will have to go to a larger gun that is more efficient.

Randy, I really appreciate the compliment. You must have looked at my home page. I guess it is just luck. I aim it at the area I want to get and hit the button. I use an inexpensive Canon Powershot A75. I wish we had a better sunrise yesterday. I was there early enough but it just wasn't very colorful. On my home page I have some sunrises that are somewhat meaningful such as the last one of the year, the first one of the year, opening day, etc. If I am lucky enough to harvest something tomorrow I will take a couple more pictures to share.

Below are a couple that I have taken in the last year that I use for backgrounds on my computer. They will probably compress so you have to click on the bottom righthand corner to see them clearly at the full 1024 x 768 size.

Skip

Wallpaper
Wallpaper
Wallpaper
Wallpaper

#7 Mr.Randy

Mr.Randy

8 Point

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Interests:The Lord #1 Camping, Hunting and Fishing<br />anything in Gods Country is for me...

Posted 03 November 2006 - 10:13 AM

Skip,
If thats all you do is point and shoot, Then all I can say is
God is in controll of you camera, They look so professionel
like something you would see in Field & Stream or another mag.

The ones your useing as a back ground are great shots too.

Skip could I use one or more to print and put a Bible verse on
and use as a christmas card ?

I know one thing I realy like about them, Is I know just what it looks like
out there in the early morn and at sunset on the River here in FL.
It takes me back to some great years spent out there when I could still walk. :)

No matter if it was
Deer Huntin
Hog Huntin
Duck Huntin
Snipe Huntin
Or just sitting along the river bank with my fishing pole
laying in a forked stick Catfishing... and talking to God
Those were some Good times out there in Gods country.....

Thanks Brother Skip,
In Christ
Randy Underwood
Disabled Outdoorsman
Williams Custom Calls
Pro - Staff Team

#8 Snipe Hunter

Snipe Hunter

Button Buck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 12:45 PM

Randy, you are welcome to any pictures you like. I have all of those plus plenty more on my web page. Just click on the "Got Snipe?" link in my signature at the bottom of the post. Click on any of those pictures and you can save them to their original size of 640 x 480. I am just back from hunting and I will post a few of today's when I get them sorted. Not a great sunrise today either but a little better than the one Wednesday.

Skip

#9 Mr.Randy

Mr.Randy

8 Point

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 10:03 AM

Good Morning Skip,
Brother thankyou for the use of the pics,
they will make some mighty fine cards with Bible verse's
on them :) . Now to find the just right verse shouldnt be hard at all.

Good luck on your next outing !!!!!!!

I once saw a show on PBS on all the underwater caves in FL
where the there were two divers and one on top of the
ground tracking them. They were following the the caves
and taverns underground , it was realy amazing were the
divers ended up, I dont know if you saw the show or not
but it was great.

God Bless Skip
and thanks again
Randy Underwood
Disabled Outdoorsman
Williams Custom Calls
Pro - Staff Team

#10 Snipe Hunter

Snipe Hunter

Button Buck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 11:34 AM

Randy, I have not seen that show. Cave diving and mapping is popular but it isn't something I would ever consider doing. For twenty years I was a land surveyor and one of the guys in our office mapped underwater caves. He had some type of suit malfunction or failure and it was all over. The stakes are so high if anything goes wrong when doing that sort of thing.

Skip

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Christian Outdoorsman